Skip to content

Holiday Goodness: Eggnog Cookies

November 19, 2010

I saw this recipe by Lauren Conrad (“The Hills”) in my latest People StyleWatch.  I love the Starbucks Eggnog Latte, so I’m up for anything with eggnog in it.  I always tend towards very fragrant recipes for my desserts and this one is right up there.  My whole kitchen smelled of nutmeg and cinnamon goodness.  These little cookies taste even better than I could describe.  I guess you could say they’re like a gourmet Snickerdoodle.  Either way, this is just about as perfect a holiday cookie as you can get.

EGGNOG COOKIES

2  1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp + 1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1  1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed until smooth.

Add the flour mixture to the eggnog mixture, and beat at low-speed until just combined. Do not over mix (Note: I just folded the ingredients and did not use a mixer).

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets (Note: I did grease the sheets with the remaining salted butter), 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with 1 tbsp nutmeg.  Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.

Immediately transfer to cool flat surface with a spatula.   Makes 2 dozen.

Enjoy!

10 Comments leave one →
  1. Tanya permalink
    November 19, 2010 10:54 am

I’ve never seen the utensil pictured with the butter? Is it a type of mortar & pestle?

By the way, great food photography! The cookies were great too :)

• November 19, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Tanya, glad you liked the cookies!

That tool is actually a hand-mixer. I got it a few years ago and it is a staple for all my baking needs. It’s so convenient and cleans so easy. What’s in the picture is the end where the mixing blade is.

• Tanya permalink
        November 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Oh wow, that’s a hand mixer! okay :) Mine looks completely different.

2. Sarah permalink
    December 6, 2010 11:36 am

I too read the same article, and made these last week for a holiday party. They were a big hit! I’m going to try them again with dried cranberries.

• December 6, 2010 11:43 am

That sounds good, too! You’ll have to let me know how they turn out :)

• Sallison permalink
        December 11, 2010 6:17 am

They turned out great with dried cranberries!! I used just a few handfuls of Craisins btw. Happy baking!

3. Pammy permalink
    December 29, 2011 7:50 pm

These cookies were a hit!!! A great holiday recipe to use year after year :) yummy!

Trackbacks

1. Holiday Fun: My First Cookie Exchange Party « Any Second Now
  2. Images of Christmas 2012 « Any Second Now

Remix a Response!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 850 other followers