Hooray for fun happenings and awesome grand openings at Fashion Valley!
Firstly, Fashion Valley presents Indulge: A Stylish Treat for Mothers, presented by Diet Coke. It will take place tomorrow night (my birthday, May 8, 2014). I’ll be there, and I hope to see you there as well!
At Indulge, event attendees can do much more than just shop for spring style must-haves. Moms and their friends can experience fashion tips from Francesca’s, The Walking Company and Tous Jewelry, style consultations, beauty services from Carlton Hair Salon and Day Spa: Fashion Valley, gadget bar from Microsoft Store, delicious refreshments and drinks, plus special event giveaways from Harlequin® books and retailer offers throughout the mall. Additional Indulge offerings include:
- Mini-Style Makeover Giveaway: During the first 30 minutes of the event, three lucky attendees will be selected to experience a free mini-fashion makeover. Lisa Moore of fashion blog Mona Lisa Marie and Style Setter for the center will surprise women at random with the chance to shop for a new look, receive expert style advice and reveal their new ensemble at the end of the event.
- Mixology Stations: Mixologists will shake up appealing drink combinations for moms to sample and explain how to replicate recipes at home. Bacardi will be sampling their Grey Goose Le Melon Vodka brand.
- Food Sampling: Moms can try samples from some of the area’s best restaurants and hear about the latest food trends. Moms can try lite bites from Stacked, appetizers fromCalifornia Pizza Kitchen, and healthy desserts from Pinkberry, as well as hear about the latest food trends.
- Stylish Sounds: Local musical performers like Liquid Blue and a live DJ spinning tunes will transform the mall’s atmosphere into a chic, lively entertainment event venue.
- Diet Coke Sampling:Enjoy a refreshing ice cold Diet Coke.
- Chicest Mom Photo Op:Moms can walk the red carpet and strike a pose as they remember the night with a fun photo op and share their experience via social media (#indulgeatsimon).
- Swag Bags: Swag bags containing retailer offers and discounts will be given to the first 200 shoppers who register at the event on a first-come, first-served basis.
“Many moms are long overdue for – and certainly deserve – a break to celebrate themselves and all they do,” said Jayne Stilson, Assistant Vice President of Business Development at Simon Property Group. “That’s why Simon Malls are hosting Indulge events just for them, where moms can shop, socialize and be recognized for the important role they play in our lives.”
Simon Malls’ Indulge events are free and open to women of all ages. For more information, visit shopfashionvalleymall.com. Follow Fashion Valley at www.facebook.com/FashionValleyMall, www.twitter.com/fashionvalleycaor www.instagram.com/fashionvalleyca/.
TOPSHOP AND TOPMAN TO TOP OFF FASHION VALLEY
First-in-market TOPSHOP to Join Retail Scene at Fashion Valley
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (May 5, 2014) – Get excited for the British invasion San Diego fashion connoisseurs! TOPSHOP and TOPMAN, the men’s version of the British fashion retailer, will be calling Simon Property Group’s (NYSE: SPG) Fashion Valley home this fall, with its first-in-market joint stores in San Diego.
Known as a major British fashion authority with more than 440 stores in 37 countries, TOPSHOP and TOPMAN are slated to open 17,500-square-foot adjoining stores on the lower level of Fashion Valley, near JCPenney.
“We are beyond thrilled to have TOPSHOP and TOPMAN call Fashion Valley their San Diego home,” said Chris Lane, director of marketing and business development at Fashion Valley. “The addition of this iconic retailer will up the fashion game in San Diego, even further establishing Fashion Valley as the premier retail and lifestyle center in this region.”
The retailer specializes in trend-driven fashion, which includes glamorous pieces for going out, footwear, accessories, an extensive selection of denim and jewelry, and TOPSHOP Make-Up. Founded in 1964, TOPSHOP is a pioneer of design collaboration with young talent and fashion icons.
TOPSHOP and supermodel Kate Moss recently launched their spring/summer 2014 collection, a range of pieces encapsulating the British fashion icon’s unique style. Key design categories for this collection include Balearic Dressing, Pyjama Dressing, Cocktail Hour and Tailoring Noir.
San Diego’s TOPSHOP is one of just four new store openings for the retailer in the U.S. by 2015. It’s also slated to open the second largest TOPSHOP and TOPMAN flagship store in the world at 40,000 square feet, on Fifth Avenue in New York this fall.
(Thank you Noelle from Curator PR for allowing me to share these exciting happenings at Fashion Valley! Photos 1 & 2 courtesy of Fashion Valley.)
(FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.)